Windows Server 2012 Administrator Password Reset
“I forgot administrator password of my Windows Server 2012 on IBM Raid server, and I have been locked for a few days. Now I need to get into my server and get my job done. I have try many free and premium programs to reset Windows server 2012 administrator password, but they did not work with my raid server. Is there a program can work with my raid server? Please advise!” – A Microsoft community user asked.
As a windows server administrator, are you coming across program like this, and spend hour and hour to find a way to solve the problem? If so, take the ways described in this article to reset administrator for your windows server 2012 immediately.
1. Reset Window server 2012 administrator password with Spower software.
This method can help you reset the lost password for Windows server 2012 quickly with USB drive or CD/DVD disc.
Step 1: Get the right edition of Spower software for your 2012 server, and install it to an accessible computer.
- Spower Windows Password Reset Special – for 2012 server without Raid.
- Spower Windows Password Reset Raid – for 2012 server with Raid
Step 2: Create a Windows 2012 password reset disk with Spower software. Plug in USB or CD/DVD, and then click burn button to make a bootable password reset disk.
Step 3: Set the 2012 server to boot from CD/DVD or USB drive.
Step 4: Insert Windows 2012 password reset disk to 2012 server, and boot it from windows password reset disk.
Step 3: When Spower software starts, select a user and click “Reset” button to set a new password to it. To meet the 2012 server password requirement, a default password will be provided.
2. Reset Windows Server 2012 administrator password with path file
This method shows you how to write a path file to reset your 2012 administrator offline. It may take you a few hours.
1. Get into your 2012 server with a Windows PE live cd or another computer.
You can create a windows pe live cd and use it to boot your 2012 server computer, or you can take the hard drive when your 2012 server in down, and connect it to another windows computer, so you can access files of 2012 server offline via another windows.
2. Create path file as follow:
Net user administrator password123
Note: The password must meet the password policy of windows 2012 server.
3. Edit your windows 2012 server’s registry to make it executed when the windows starts.
4. Reboot 2012 server computer and you can login 2012 server with new password. After login, you can change the password for other accounts with the administrator account.
5. Remove path file and delete registry key item. If you don’t remove them, your windows administrator password will be reset every time your windows restarts.