Windows Server 2008 R2 Forgot Administrator Password
I forgot administrator password of windows server 2008 r2. I have no idea on log on that server without administrator password. Does somebody tell me how to recover the lost password for my win server 2008? – Question from Microsoft community.
If we forget the administrator of a windows server 2008 (r2), how to do? This post shows how to reset a lost password for windows server 2008 with password software.
Tips: To reset windows server 2008 (r2) password offline, a USB flash drive or a CD/DVD burning device and a blank CD/DVD disc is need.
1. Reset windows server 2008 administrator password with Spower Password software.
Tips: This method not only works to reset windows server 2008 domain administrator password, but also works with a local administrator password on windows server 2008 (r2).
Spower Windows Password Reset Special can help to reset local and domain password for windows 2000/xp/2003/vista/win7/2008 without any password.
Follow the instructions below to make a 2008 password disk, and reset a new password to the administrator user with the password disk.
- Step 1: Download Spower Windows Password Reset Special (trial version) and install it on a windows (windows 7, vista, xp, 2000 or 2008).
- Step 2: Launch Spower Password Reset Special, insert USB flash drive or CD/DVD disc, and then click “Burn to USB” or “Burn to CD/DVD” button to create a windows 2008 password reset disk.
- Step 3: Boot the locked windows server computer from windows 2008 password disk.
- Step 4: Reset windows 2008 domain administrator password with the Spower Password Program – Select the administrator account, and click “Reset” button to set a new password to it.
2. Reset windows server 2008 local administrator password with Windows Password Rescuer Advanced (WPRA).
With Windows Password Rescuer Professional, the administrator password can be reset in a few click. Step as follow:
- 1. Download Windows Password Rescuer Advanced (trial version) and install it.
- 2. Make a 2008 password reset disk with WPRP. Insert a USB or CD disk, and click the burn button to make a password disk.
- 3. Boot the locked windows server computer from 2008 password reset disk.
- 4. Reset the lost password for administrator. Click administrator account to make it selected, and then click reset button to create a new password for it.
Tips: Windows Password Rescuer Advanced is also a wonderful password recovery program which work with Windows 2008/2003/2000/xp/viata/7/8 local and domain user password. You can vista its official site to get more features and user guide about it.