How to Recover Windows Server 2008, 2003, 2000 Administrator Password
From this article, you will learn how to recover windows server 2008/2003/2000 administrator with password software or own write script.
As a windows server administrator, I administrate and maintain more than 5 windows servers and more then 5 Linux servers. It is difficult to remember more than ten passwords of different account, so I write all accounts and passwords of windows servers on a notepad file. I think I will never worry about forget accounts and passwords. Few weeks ago, a terrible thing happened to me. The hard disk which stores the password file crashed. I lost lot of important files, include the file stores the accounts and passwords. That made me almost crashed too. After losing the password file, what I needed to do is to recover the password of those servers.
After spending several hours to search how to recover the password of windows server, I get many useful windows password recovery solutions, and recover the password of the those server.
Solution 1: Recover windows server password with Windows Password Reset Ultimate.
Windows Password Reset Ultimate can help to create a password reset disk to recover the local and domain password for windows server 2008, 2003 and 2000. Steps as below:
- 1. Download and install Windows Password Reset Special (Trial Version).
- 2. Create a bootable password recovery disk. Insert USB or blank CD/DVD disc and click burn button.
- 3. Boot windows server from password recovery disk. You need to access BIOS and set it boot from USB drive or CD-ROM.
- 4. Reset windows server administrator password. Select an account and click reset button to make password be recreated.
Get Windows Password Reset Ultimate and view more detail: Windows password reset
Solution 2: Reset windows server password with a script.
Key steps to reset windows server 2000/2003/2008 administrator password with script:
- 1. Create a WinPE boot disk.
- 2. Boot Windows server from WinPE boot disk.
- 3. Create a password recover script.
- 4. Edit windows registry offline to make script run when windows server start up.
- 5. Reboot windows server and log on with administrator account.
- 6. Reset the password of other account with administrator account.