Forgot Windows XP Administrator Password, How to Recover?
Question: I forgot my windows xp professional administrator password, how do i recover into windows with or without password tool?
Answers to recover a forgotten XP password:
1. Recover windows xp password with password software
This method shows how to recover windows xp password with Spower Windows Password Reset Professional. Steps as follow:
- Download Spower Windows Password Reset Professional (trial version) and install.
- Create a bootable USB or CD password reset disk with password program.
- Set computer boot from password disk and boot computer from password disk.
- Recover forgotten password with the software. When Spower password program launch, select an administrator account and reset its password.
Reference: Forgot windows xp password, how to reset it
2. Get into windows xp on safe mode
This is the easiest ways to recover into a windows xp if the administrator has an empty password.
Method 1: Restart computer and press F8 to boot windows xp on safe mode. On log on screen, click administrator account to log on.
Method 2: Boot windows normal to log on screen, double click CTRL + ALT + DEL to switch to classic log on screen, and then input use name with empty password to log on.
3. Get into windows xp with a PE boot disk, and without changing it password
This method will help you backup your important data when you cannot log in windows for forgetting login password or system crash.
- Download a winpe live cd from Microsoft official site and create a boot disk. More detail, see How to create a winpe boot disk.
- Boot computer from winpe boot disk.
- Copy data from current computer to a backup disk.
After copying data to a backup disk, you can format hard drive and reinstall windows.