10 Best (Common) Ways to Reset/Recover/Bypass A Windows Password
How many ways to reset/recover a windows password? And which is the best one for you? Do you know? This post will show you 10 easy and simple ways to reset a windows password. By the easiest way, you can enter a windows in a few second without any software and tools. The most difficult way my take you several days to reset or find a windows password.
10 best (common) ways to reset/recover a windows password.
- 1. Recover windows xp password with administrator account.
- 2. Reset a windows password with reset disk.
- 3. Remove windows password with chntpw
- 4. Recover (retrieve) windows password Ophreset
- 5. Reset (remove) windows 7 password with windows 7 password reset software.
- 6. Recover (reset) windows password with Spower Windows Password Reset software.
- 7. Recover (bypass) windows password without changing current user and password.
- 8. Write a script to recover (reset) a windows password.
- 9. Bypass windows password with Windows PE boot disk.
- 10. What will be the 10th? Keep reading…
Forgot windows 7 password or other windows password, and you just want to reset or recover the windows password and continue with your work, the ways to reset or remove a windows password are the best choices for you. These ways work very well for all windows and fast, and they are easy to use. If you want to get into a windows without changing password and make no harm to windows, the ways to bypass windows password may be good for you.
1. Recover windows xp password with administrator account.
When windows xp is installed, a default administrator account with blank password is create at the same time. So we can use this administrator account to rest the password of other account if it is not set a new password. Step as below:
- 1.1 Restart computer and press F8 to boot windows to safe mode.
- 1.2 On log on screen click administrator user to login.
- 1.3 Use net user command to reset a new password to a user: Net user userName password123.
2. Reset a windows password with reset disk.
This solutions work on windows xp/vista/7 if you have a password reset disk when lost password.
- 2.1 On log on screen, click a the user which you want to reset it password, and you will get a message that prompt the user name or password is incorrect. Click OK to close this message.
- 2.2 Click Reset Password… under the user name.
- 2.3 Plug in USB or floppy password reset disk.
- 2.4 Follow the wizard to create a new password to the current. You just need to click next and next until to the end if your password reset disk is right.
3. Remove windows password with chntpw.
Chntpw work very well with windows 2000/xp/2003/vista/7/2008/8 local user password, but it does not work with domain user password on windows server 2000/2003/2008. Chntpw is a console text mode program, and it run on FreeBSD DOS. So it is operate by text command. A step by step guide on this article: recover windows xp password with chntpw.
4. Recover (retrieve) windows password Ophreset.
Ophreset is a wonderful password reset program that can recover the lost password for windows 7/vista/xp/2000. If the password is a strong password, Ophcrack may said password not found. The free rainbow table can use to reset simple password easily and quickly. The premium rainbow table can reset most of the strong password. More detail, see How to recover windows 7 password with Ophcrack live cd.
5. Reset (remove) windows 7 password with windows 7 password reset software.
The following password software work very well with windows 7:
- 5.1 Spower Windows Password 7 Reset
- 5.2 Pakey Windows Password Recovery
- 5.3 Windows Password Rescuer Advanced
Those software can help to create a USB or CD bootable password recovery disk, and you just need to boot your computer from the password boot disk, and hit your mouse to reset a new password to the user.
6. Recover (reset) any windows password with Spower Windows Password Reset Special.
Spower Windows Password Reset Special is a powerful windows password program which can reset local and domain user password for windows 2000/xp/2003/vista/7/2008/8 without old password. It work effective and reliable on windows. Steps as follow:
- 6.1 Download Spower Password Reset Special (trial version) and install it.
- 6.2 Insert USB or CD disk and then launch Spower Password Reset Specialto make a password boot disk.
- 6.3 Boot computer from password boot disk, and select a windows and a user to reset its password.
- 6.4 Reboot computer and login with the new password.